Hi, my name is Dave Grant. I’m a financial planner in the Chicago-land area, and run a firm called Retirement Matters, Inc. Finance for Teachers is a blog I run to educate Illinois teachers and their families on a number of issues that affect their life. In working with clients, we work together to ensure they are living their best lives, financially and otherwise.
Facts about me:
- I am married to a middle school Math teacher named Sarah, and love hearing the varied experiences she goes through on a day-to-day basis.
- I am a dual citizen of the USA and UK. I “turn on” my British accent to get me out of trouble.
- If I could get paid to do anything, it would be to read crime novels and play pool.
- If you were to buy me a gift, make it chocolate. Not American chocolate though, that tastes like soap.
- I don’t follow English soccer but will gladly stand in the cold and watch a game of rugby.
We’re getting serious now:
- I am a Certified Financial Planner™ practitioner and believe Fee-Only financial advice is the only way it should be given.
- I work with people wanting to prepare for retirement since 2007, but I have specialized in working with teachers and their families since 2011.
- I specialize in the integration of Illinois TRS with other retirement plans (401(k)’s, IRAs) and how teacher’s benefits should be utilized in a financial plan.
- I work with teachers in the final stages of their career. Retirement brings up a lot of questions, so planning for it 5-10 years beforehand allows for necessary adjustments to be made.
- I’m an internationally-known planner specializing in how younger financial planners can excel in their career. I write a column, speak at conferences, and have earned awards for my work in this field. Helping other advisors be the best they can be is very important to me.
If you want to learn more about working with me, you can visit my financial planning company’s website by using the links below: